Sweet Tea & conversation... a lovely way to spend a day

September 02, 2017

Seasonal Adjustments

   We are now in Labor Day weekend ...
that dreaded time of year for me that indicates the unofficial end of summer .
Once again , the summer has slipped away while I've been otherwise
occupied ...with work , care of Gabby , foot surgery and the daily duties
each day brings . Although I wait eagerly during the year for it , this
summer has been very hot and humid . There was no opportunity
to doze , windows open , gently touched by summer breezes (the neighbor's
central AC unit , mere feet from my window , prevents open windows ,
hearing birdsong and the calls of my pond frogs...sigh...) .
   Driving home from work a few days ago , I noticed the Autumn Clematis
in bloom...revealed in the dusk as brilliant white against the deep green
and brown of the Pine Barrens trees . The scent is of a lovely vanilla floral .
I look forward to seeing that and the showy fuschia colors of the
sassafras leaves that insist on presenting their herald to autumn in August !
   Unfortunately , the only free time to get to the shore was marked by
teeming rain and thunder or a foot confined to sand-and surf-free
recuperation . I have enjoyed the lightness of summer apparel and
bare-footing in the house...summer produce , especially the peaches
(brought to ripeness inside a brown paper bag with a ripe apple...
a tip from a farmer's wife)...soooo good !
   The next few months will bring cooler weather , the remaining hurricanes ,
hopefully far less dangerous than Harvey) , added clothing layers , fewer salads ,
ripening apples and hearty , hot foods and different scents in the air ,
like fireplace wood smoke and fresh-baked bread .
   May your autumn bring all good things to you !
Be well !


4 comments:

  1. Working on your blog today to fix what photobucket has decided to destroy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you !
      I'm grateful to you for all things techy and your dear friendship !!!
      Be well...

      Delete
  2. Just let me know what else you want on here. Some things are lost because of Photobucket who wants $399 a year to allow me to use my pictures stored there on websites! Grrrrrr.....
    If you find nicer photos for the side bars, let me know and I will fit them in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Start blogging again!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!