Sweet Tea & conversation... a lovely way to spend a day

February 18, 2017

Night Surf

   There are times when dealing with old paperwork yields a surprise or two .
Such was the case with the surfacing of a poem I wrote July 16 , 2000 . Here it is :

       Night Surf

There was a path of moonlight ;
Waves beat ghostly on the shore .
The rhythm of the pounding surf
Did ease my trials sore .

I find in times when troubles mount
And down upon me beat ,
The ocean calls and draws me near
To find a solace sweet .

'Tis there I find His fingerprints ,
On every grain of sand
And there I find a sweet relief
From life's pressing demands .

To see the sea in rage and storm
Most primal - uncontrolled ,
Bespeaks His great power...
His great plan and love untold .

Beneath His wings I'm sheltered ,
To go on a little more .
There was a path of moonlight ,
Waves beat ghostly on the shore .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!